As many of you know, I'm fond of quizzes. (If you don't know, take a look over to the column on the right where you can test yourself on retirement, Baby Boomers, and several other topics.) The idea is that a quiz can offer up some information, and do it in a fun kind of way.
This quiz is mostly for fun. The answers are below. So, do you know . . . who is older?
1. Judi Dench or Maggie Smith?
2. Arnold Schwarzenegger or Henry Winkler?
3. Angelina Jolie or Amy Adams?
4. Joe Biden or Joe Pesci?
5. Tiger Woods or Derek Jeter?
6. Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush?
7. Johnny Depp or Jon Stewart?
8. Sen. Dianne Feinstein or Sen John McCain?
9. Matt Damon or Ben Affleck?
10. Jan of D-Janity or Bob Lowry of Satisfying Retirement?
1. They both star in the Marigold Hotel movies, they're both from England, and they're both the same age. But Judi Dench, born on Dec. 9, 1934, is 19 days older.
2. Henry Winkler, the former Fonz, is 69, two years older than the former Governator.
3. Fresh-faced actress Amy Adams, 40, is actually one year older than the strong-willed Angelina Jolie.
4. Both are 72; but Biden is two months older.
5. Yankee shortstop Derek Jeter is retired at 40; Tiger is struggling through injuries at age 39.
6. Hillary Clinton is 67; Jeb Bush a still wet-behind-the-ears 62.
7. Jon Stewart, at 52, edges out 51-year-old Johnny Depp.
8. Sen. Feinstein, 81, is one of five senators in their 80s. McCain, three years younger, still makes the grade as one of the 23 U. S. Senators over age 70.
9. Matt Damon, 44, from Cambridge, Mass., is two years older than the Berkeley, Calif.-born Ben Affleck.
10. Honestly, I don't know (I'd guess Bob Lowry); but anyway, they're both stars in my book!