If you were born between 1946 and 1964 you are a tried-and-true, certified, bona fide Baby Boomer. But the question is: Were you fully aware "that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans" as John Kennedy said in his 1961 inaugural speech, or that "there's a whole generation with a new explanation, people in motion ... " as Scott McKenzie sang in 1967?
Take this quiz and find out how high your Baby Boomer IQ is . . . I'll have the answers for you in my next post.
1) Who was Bucky Beaver?
a) Star of the 1957 - '62 sitcom "Leave It to Beaver"
b) Snoopy's friend in Peanuts
c) A character in a toothpaste commercial
d) He told us not to start forest fires
2) Who was Alexei Kosygin?
a) Russian chess master
b) Premier of the Soviet Union, 1964 - 1980
c) National Security Adviser for President Carter
d) Villain in the 1967 Bond film You Only Live Twice
3) "You shouldn't let other people get your kicks for you" is from ...
a) Bob Dylan's 1965 song "Like a Rolling Stone"
b) Tom Wolfe's 1968 book The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test
c) The 1970 movie Five Easy Pieces
d) John Lennon's 1968 song "Revolution"
4) Who never appeared on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, the iconic comedy that ran from 1967 - 1973?
a) John Wayne
b) Ringo Starr
c) Richard Nixon
d) Bill Cosby
5) What was the federal minimum wage in 1968?
a) $1.25 per hour
b) $1.60 per hour
c) $2.20 per hour
d) $2.40 per hour
6) What was the median price of a house in 1968?
7) Kunta Kinte was a Mandinka warrior in Roots. What was his slave name?
8) Where did Rob and Laura live on The Dick Van Dyke Show?
a) New London, CT
b) New Holland, PA
c) New Rochelle, NY
d) New Brunswick, NJ
9) Malcolm X
a) Was a notorious Civil Rights leader
b) Was a notorious New York gang leader
c) Was a notorious 1970s rap star
d) Played Will Smith's father in "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air"
10) Who shot J. R. in the final episode of the 1979-1980 season?
a) Kristin Shepard
b) Bobby Ewing
c) Sue Ellen Ewing
d) Clayton Farlow
11) In 1976 Greg Louganis won his first Olympic medal in
12) Who was not an original Charlie's Angel?
a) Farrah Fawcett
b) Jaclyn Smith
c) Cameron Diaz
d) Kate Jackson
13) Princess Grace was:
a) Princess Di's older sister
b) Later became Queen of Luxembourg
c) Was the mother of rock star Prince
d) Married Prince Rainier of Monaco
a) Won Best Picture Academy Award in 1961
b) Starred Tippi Hedren
c) Featured a cameo appearance by director Alfred Hitchcock
d) Was filmed on location in Portland, Oregon
15) "I can't believe I ate the whole thing" is a line from ...
a) The 1971 ad introducing the McDonald's quarter pounder
b) The 1967 movie Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
c) An Alka-Seltzer ad
d) Julia Child's groundbreaking TV cooking show
16) Chou en-Lai was ...
a) George H. W. Bush's favorite presidential meal
b) Elected the first Asian-born mayor of San Francisco
c) Leader of communist North Vietnam
d) Premier of the People's Republic of China
17) What movie won Best Picture Academy Award in 1973?
a) The Sting
b) American Graffiti
c) Cries and Whispers
d) The Exorcist
18) Sally Ride
a) Debuted in 1974 as a new ride at Disney World in Orlando
b) Flew as the first American woman in space
c) Climbed the charts as a hit record by The Rascals
d) Was a slang word for cocaine
19) Who won the first Superbowl in 1967?
a) Dallas Cowboys
b) Green Bay Packers
c) New York Jets
d) Kansas City Chiefs
20) What was Robert F. Kennedy's middle name?
Bonus Question) "I want to buy the world a _____"
d) Pet rock