But as we get older, it's hard not to wonder: Just how much more time do we have left? Take this quiz, based on several longevity sources, and get a best-guess estimate:
1. Are you ...
A) In your 50s
B) In your 60s
C) In your 70s
D) In your 80s
2. What is your demographic?
A) White male
B) White female
C) Non-white male
D) Non-white female
3. What's your current marital status?
A) Never married
4. Do you have a family history of cancer? (check only one)
B) I've had cancer
C) A parent or sibling has had cancer
D) More than one relative has had cancer
5. Do you have a history of heart disease? (Check only one)
B) I have heart disease
C) A parent or sibling has had heart disease
D) More than one relative has had heart disease
6. How do you drive? (Check all that apply)
A) Usually in the left-hand lane
B) Usually in the right-hand lane
C) Over 15,000 miles/year
D) Always wear a seat belt
7. Do you smoke?
B) Only occasionally
C) Never smoked
D) Gave up more than 10 years ago
8. How's your stress level? (Check all that apply within the past year)
A) Serious worry about family member
B) Death in family
C) Divorced or separated
D) Financial trouble
9. Do you eat right? (Check all that apply)
A) Lots of sweet drinks
B) Lots of vegetables
C) Lots of fruit
D) Lots of carbs
10. Do you exercise to the point of sweating?
11. What's your education level?
A) Attended high school
B) Some college
C) College graduate
D) Graduate school
12. Wait a second here ... how seriously can we take this quiz?
A) It's science so I believe it
B) Helpful but not authoritative
C) Might inspire me to improve my lifestyle
D) Utter nonsense
Look for the answers and more detailed information -- and of course a few caveats -- in my next post. Meantime, Happy New Year!